Anyone know what a flight to the UK costs?
Raising awareness to the Public and Professionals about an emerging disease
You are here: Morgellons UK > Homepage
|Morgellons disease is a medical condition that has the following set of symptoms.|
Morgellons disease, is not a recognised condition in the UK and is highly controversial.
Why? Because a limited amount of clinical research has been done so far and morgellons is often dismissed as solely a pyschological problem. We are convinced that there are primary, physical manifestations causing these symptoms.
The term 'morgellons', may disappear once the cause has been determined. Until then, this label helps to distinguish it for all those interested and concerned - whether it's to gain knowledge for professional purposes or to locate the centres of support that are available for sufferers.
- New study reveals that Morgellons disease is associated with an infectious process (January 2013)
- The Sun newspaper - I had tiny fibres coming out of my feet and fingers (July 2012)
- New report points to morgellon fibres being made of keratin (March 2012)
- Mail on Sunday article (5th Feb 2012)
report published - Findings inconclusive (Jan 2012)
Morgellons UK is especially keen to hear from:
- Members of the public that are personally affected by morgellons
- General practitioners and other health care professionals
- Consultants; dermatologists, infectious disease specialists
- Scientists of various disciplines, involved in research; entomologists, microbiologists, parasitologists
- Department of Health, DEFRA & HPA
- Politicians (Councillors/Members of Parliament)
- Environmental health officers, inc. pollution control and pest control professionals
- Water authorities, dealing with waste water and sewage
Page updated: 8th January 2013